Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Beginning

Well, we're pregnant. Just barely. 5 weeks today. Jason and I are so excited! But already my body has changed so much. It's hard to keep a single thought in my head, and I fall asleep so easy! Luckily I haven't had morning sickness, but I do start feeling it in the later evening.

A few nights ago, Jason laughed at me, because I fell asleep eating a cracker. Oops!

Someone from the Mother Baby center is coming by tomorrow to talk to me about how to prepare. Hopefully from her I'll be able to get a list of doctors in the area who will take new patients like me. From there I can start calling and interviewing, and all of that fun stuff. But at least there's Thanksgiving in there!

Here's what's happening this week - Week 5

Your embryo is about two millimeters long, about the size of a grain of sand. Your baby transforms into a bundle of cells organized in a C-shape with a top, bottom, front, and back. A groove has developed on the embryo's back, which will seal and develop into the neural tube (which later will become the spinal cord). At this point, the tube already has a wider, flatter top that will grow into your baby's brain. A bulge has developed in the center of the embryo, which will soon become a tiny U-Shaped tube which will form the heart. Your embryo is encased in protective membranes and attached to a yolk sac, which manufactures the embryo's unique blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment