Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My son is amazing

Baxter is almost completely bald now, but he's still super super cute! He's had a bit of a cold this week, so he's gotten lots of cuddles, and he's pulling through it just fine. His smiles are becoming more and more social. The other day I was nursing him, and Jason walked over, and Baxter GRINNED at him, spilling milk all over his face and me, but it was just toooooo cute! And he loves the chair Grandpa and Grandma Dilley bought him. He'll sit in it for quite a while, just happy. Then if I walk over and get close to his face so he can see me he breaks out in smiles.

I love baby smiles.

I've taken more pictures, but I've slowed down some. I need to get them uploaded, but with Baxter being sick and clingy, I'm behind this week. And I'm working really hard on getting more diapers made before my snap press comes in, because since he's outgrown his newborn diapers we're running a bit low.

Also we have discovered that Baxter hates tummy time. But he loves being naked. Our solution? Naked tummy time. This has been great, and he enjoys it the whole time. The purpose of tummy time is to get them to exercise their head and neck, and pushing up with their arms. His neck is already pretty strong, but he loves exercising his legs when we're playing with him. He pushes up and stands with us supporting him.

Last night I put Baxter down for some naked tummy time, and briefly left the room to wet down a wipe. When I came back Baxter had MOVED! He sits there and gets a grip with his lower legs and torpedos himself forward. He starts with his hands under his chin, pushes off, drags his head, and ends up with his hands around his belly, and hasn't figured out much more then that. And he's gotten very close to rolling himself over too. That boy has some strong legs!

One more cute story - Last night Jason was playing with Baxter and had him leaning up against his knees while reclining in bed. He was holding Bax's hands and raising them above his head and telling him to roar. And Baxter did! I couldn't get the camera in time, but it was so amazingly adorable.

I think that was a good enough update for now, right? Mom (Grandma Deanna) is getting married this weekend, so I'm going to be busy the rest of the week. I'll try to update next week. Can you believe he's almost 6 weeks old?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment