Thursday, February 7, 2008

I popped!

I didn't think I was showing that much, until I just compared the new pictures with the last set....

I'm wearing a shirt that used to fit fine, and now it barely covers my belly. I experimented, I can still fit into all my old pre-pregnancy jeans, but they just aren't comfortable to wear anymore! But looking at me now, oh my goodness! Especially comparing them to the earliest pictures I took, almost 4 weeks ago. Wow! In most clothes I'm still in that "Is she fat or is she pregnant?" phase. It will be nice in a few weeks when it's even more obvious.

I took another exam today, and Jason played basketball after school. He's liking his student teaching, and I'm feeling better about school.

My rib still is painful, and I'm starting to nest. I ordered some of our first cloth diapers this week! If I start now, and slowly build, it will be a lot easier on our bank accounts.

Oh, and I was really craving coffee, so I got a small, 12 oz decaf mocha. Espresso has less caffeine than drip, so I thought I would be fine. I've been really good about not having caffeine, so this was a huge shock to baby! It's been bouncing around my uterus all day! And when I take exams, I tend to lean over and concentrate really hard. Every time I would lean over the baby would start kicking me, letting me know I was cramping their space! It was very odd, and it was hard to not giggle during an exam. Hehe!

Ok, so here's what's happening for week 16:
Your baby is about as wide as your palm, about six inches tall, and weighs about four ounces—about as much as a bar of soap. She now weighs more than your placenta. Your baby is now covered with a downy layer of lanugo, which swirls in fingerprint-like formation over her whole body. Her skin is still thin. Brown fat, a special type of fat that plays a role in body heat generation, is being deposited. In the next few weeks, your baby's eyes will begin to move beneath their fused lids in a side-to-side sweeping motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment