Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another week goes by

I suppose I should take a picture this week, huh? I'm so tired that it almost feels like a chore! But I know I want to look at them later, so I should do it. Maybe tomorrow morning when I have better hair. But then again, I'll be so close to 26 weeks, I'll delay those photos, and so on and so on... I'll try to do it later tonight. That means take, not post!

I've just been keeping myself super busy with school this week. And I've been knitting a ton. I'm really good at knitting while reading. It helps me read better, since I'm doing something with my hands I'm less likely to fall asleep, which I'm prone to doing.

I feel like this little man has about doubled his weight in the past week. His movements are so much stronger. Last night I even felt him do a roll, and I could feel his back turn over! It was pretty fun. Jason's been enjoying it too. People are really noticing that I'm pregnant now. I haven't had problems with strangers coming up and touching my belly, which is nice. And most people I know ask before touching, which is thoughtful.

We're registered at Target and and Baby's R Us now. I'm having a hard time with registries though. They want you to register for all sorts of useless stuff! We're pretty simple people, and since we're cloth diapering, breastfeeding, and he's sharing a room with us, that eliminates a lot of what we're told we need. So mostly we're registering for the expensive things like bouncers, high chairs, strollers, and a bathtub. And I have duplicates from between the two stores, since I don't know who's shopping where. So if you look at both, and wonder, that's why! I figure if we do get duplicates we'll return one and get something else we need. And we didn't register for any toys or clothes, because I'll let people choose on their own instead of having me dictate it. But gift receipts are still a must! Most stores won't return anything without a receipt anymore. Or if they do you only get a fraction of what they're worth. Not that I'm planning on returning many things, but you never know. Sorry, I guess that was a mini gift registry rant.

Ok, well I'll leave you with week 25's update, and then try to get the energy to go take pictures.

Your baby weighs about 1 1/2 pounds and has undergone a growth spurt in the past few weeks. From weeks twenty to twenty-eight, he almost doubles in height and now would be about a foot tall if he could stand. This week marks a major milestone in your baby's hearing and sight. Your baby's hearing system (cochlea and peripheral sensory end organs), which began fine development during week eighteen, is now completely formed, and over the next few weeks, he'll become increasingly sensitive to sound. In about a month, you'll feel her jump if she hears a sudden loud noise. Sound passes easily into your uterus, which helps her ears develop. Her eyes are almost fully formed. Did you know that all babies have blue eyes in the womb, no matter what their genetic inheritance is? A baby's eyes don't get their final color until a few months after they are born. The air sacs of the lungs, called alveoli, will be developed by the end of this week and will begin to secrete a substance called surfactant that keeps the lung tissue from sticking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment