Thursday, April 17, 2008

I should be doing something else...

I should be working on one of the 8 million things I need to do for school. Well, maybe not 8 million, (checks my list) really it's just 6 different projects. I'll have to try to space them out over tonight, tomorrow, and this weekend. My dad tried to have a "who's busier" contest, and I won. He didn't think I could do it, but I showed him.

I don't really have much to update about. I'm now 26 weeks, which is exciting. I keep getting one of two comments - You don't look big enough to be that far along! or Wow, you must be due any day! But according to my doctor I'm right on track. Wearing good shoes and having the belly cradle and taking my iron pills have given me a little more energy, but usually by the time I'm home I'm basically on bed rest because even if my back doesn't hurt too bad then I need to rest it for the next day.

Jason's been great though. He's been doing the grocery shopping and a lot of the cooking. He's basically amazing. Now I think I'm getting sick though (which I CANNOT do!) and it's his fault. We were cuddling in bed last night, and he starts coughing, then casually mentions he's had a sore throat the last few days. I would have stayed away from him if I had known that!

And the little man is starting to pay attention to noises. He'll be still until either Jason or I say something in the morning. The minute one of us talks, he starts kicking. I think he responds to the alarm clock too. It's hard to tell, because some morning's Jason's alarm clock goes off and he does nothing about it until I yell at him or shake him, depending on what side I'm laying on. But by then the little man is awake, and therefore sleeping in has become impossible.

Ok, so here's what's happening this week:
Your baby weighs about two pounds and is about 12 to 15 inches long, about the size of a small pot roast. If your baby were born now, he would have an excellent chance (85 percent) of surviving. He still isn't fully formed and would probably not be able to breath by himself. He would need to stay in an incubator to keep his body temperature regulated, and he would have a weak liver and immune system. (Fact: Babies have more taste buds at birth than they will have later in life. Newborns can sniff out and tell the difference between their mother's milk and someone else's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment