Friday, January 16, 2009

Rollin rollin rollin

Baxter has been ABLE to roll for quite a long time. On Monday it finally clicked, he can GET somewhere by rolling. Now we can't stop him from rolling. Oh, my diaper is off! Lets roll over so Mom can't put a new one on! Oh, I"m doing naked tummy time, lets roll over so I can grab myself! (Which he's gotten much more violent about, I have to keep his nails cut short, he keeps giving himself wounds)

Right now we're struggling with naps. At this point in time he should be working on going from three naps a day down to two. Instead we're dealing with 4-5 20 minute naps. And when he wakes up he just wakes up happy and plays, so I can't get him back down. He will nap well over an hour if held or if REALLY tired, often his last nap of the day at 4pm. His bedtime is at 6:30, which makes this difficult. He also wakes up at 6:30 in the morning for morning play, then goes back down by 7:30 usually for an hour. I can't tell whether or not to count this as a nap half the time!

They say that sometimes babies don't sleep well while they're going through developmental milestones. So maybe when he starts crawling his sleep will get better? I've been using the "No Cry Sleep Solution" but it's not really working very well. Or really at all. But I can't tell if that's because of the developmental stuff or not :( This is a three day weekend though, so I'll recruit more help. During the week I always wake up when he crys at night because I'm the mom, it's instinct. And since I"m already awake I usually take care of him. Jason is more then willing to help, but since he teaches during the week I usually just let him sleep. Not this weekend! Mommy is exhausted!!! Even with Jason helping at night I'll still have to nurse him a few times.

I've been working hard sewing diapers. I got some small babies and newborns as testers, since they were the last ones I needed to try it on. I'm in the middle of sewing the last of the testers, and then I'll make a few more for Baxter. He has some diapers that I bought that I think I'm going to sell, because mine fit him so much better. You learn so much as time goes by! So far I've gotten really positive feedback from the people who have used the "Dilley Dally" diapers. I'm thinking I will be able to sell after the CPSIA law that goes into effect on February 10th, because my diapers are one of a kind since they're handmade. It's still sketcy, but it looks like one of a kind (OOAK) items are exempt. Probably because the testing destroys the item! I'm not concerned, my diapers don't contain lead, and I have certificates on everything that goes into them. I'm now probably talking about something that most of you know nothing about, but that's ok. If you're curious, just email me and I can tell you more. If you want to see more pictures of the diapers I make you can see them at www.flickr.com/photos/dilleydally

Other than that, the last thing I have to tell you is that I hate baby socks. Baxter is between the 0-6 month and 6-12 month size, so neither stay on. His poor cold little feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment