Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm thankful

I know most of the posts on this blog are about my beautiful baby boy Baxter. But Baxter wouldn't be here without his oh so wonderful father. And I just wanted to tell everyone how great of a father he is.

Since having Baxter, Jason has become the best father I've ever seen. It's made me fall in love with him all over again, in a completely different way. He's always willing to do something for me or Baxter when we're in need. He will willingly play with Baxter for hours so I can get things done. Sometimes he insists on it, just because he wants to play with his son. He makes up silly games, and silly songs. He figures out what Baxter likes, and then does it over and over and over again. If he's downstairs with the monitor, and I'm upstairs where I can hear, and Baxter makes a noise, he runs so fast to check on him he's at the top of the stairs before I can put down my project. He will rock Baxter to sleep for hours. He will get up in the middle of the night when Baxter decides he wants to play. He will get up at 6am to be with him so that I can "sleep in" until Baxter's first nap, when he will change his diaper then bring him to me to nurse. He will willingly change diapers, even poopy ones. He's glad that we're cloth diapering!

Simply put, he's amazing. I can't imagine a better father for my children. I'm proud to be experiencing parenthood with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment