Monday, December 7, 2009

Catch up

Ok, I have 20 minutes, so lets see how much I can catch up on? Warning, long post and LOTS of photos :) As always, more photos on my flickr page!

Ok, first up, the halloween photos:
Halloween - 7
Halloween - 8

In October, we also had professional family photos taken with the whole Spears/Dilley/Irvine/Schwarz clan. Fred Calma www.fredcalma.com did them, and they turned out GREAT! Here are a few of my favorites of the day :) And yes, Baxter had a HUGE cat scratch on his face thanks to Stanley, the new cat at my mom's house. I. do. not. like. that. cat.
XM0E0447
XM0E0395
XM0E1082

The first week of November, my good friend Beth and her husband Mike and daughter Leah came to visit. I met Beth through an email loop of women who were all due the same day. Leah was a few days early, and Bax was 9 days late, so they're about 2 weeks apart in age. The Hammers live in Illinois, and we had a GREAT time with them. We went downtown, along the waterfront, where the kids chased seagulls.
Downtown Seattle-42
We went to the Public Market (gratuitous produce shot)
Downtown Seattle-61
where Leah LOVED the piggy bank, but wasn't impressed by the flying fish.
Downtown Seattle-79
Baxter was a ham in the car ride home.
Downtown Seattle-98
The next day we went to the Children's museum downtown and met up with a bunch of other women from our online group. The kids had a TON of fun, and the 6 moms all helped watch the 6 little ones. Baxter ran around the entire time, shrieking in delight. We might have to get a yearly pass. We will most certainly be going back! This is through a fish tank :)
Children's Museum-24
Children's Museum-6
We then went back to Bellingham and just had a fun relaxing time. Beth is also pregnant, and was sadly suffering from severe morning sickness, but we had fun anyway :) Picking them up and dropping them off were my first two weekends in November.

The third weekend, the Thursday before I had a workshop to go to, where I learned how to pose and photograph newborns. That was soooo much fun. I don't have any of those photos uploaded to flickr, but you can view them here. April and Richard watched Baxter, and then I spent a few days in Seattle "recovering."

The next weekend was Thanksgiving. My mom and Richard were in California, so we housesat for them and spent a lot of time with Jason's family. We shopped early on Black friday and got a ton of deals. But due to a death in the family, John, Jessica and JoAnne didn't get home until Thursday afternoon, so we didn't have a turkey dinner. We had a fun time, but I missed the turkey...

So when we got home, I bought a turkey and made a Thanksgiving dinner for just the 3 of us! Boy, does Baxter LOVE cranberry relish... And also turkey.

I know you probably want to know more about how Baxter is doing, but that's another post. We put up our Christmas tree, and have been teaching him the "one finger rule" where he can touch it, but with only one finger. So far it's been working pretty well, and the kitten has been worse to the tree than he has.

I'll share a few more photos, then I've got to go. I have 2 minutes. This one, I was trying to get Baxter to smile for the camera, and I made the dolphin noise. So he grabs his animal book, finds the dolphin picture and points to it. Tooooo cute! He's so smart :)

December-15
December-13
December-19

Here's Baxter's first look at the tree and his reaction, and also demonstrating the one finger rule (on his favorite ornament, the Oscar Meyer weinermobile):
December-1
December-5

And finally, here's my baby bump at 18 weeks :)
Merrilee 18w #2

Phew, did you get all that? I'm not proofreading, I"m a minute late. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment