Saturday, January 12, 2008

The first week of school....

Well, classes started again this week. Hence the late posting! Pre-pregnancy, sitting through lectures wasn't too bad, but now I feel like falling asleep the entire time! I have to pay really close attention, and take good notes. I'll get through it though. Luckily my grades are high enough that even if I don't get super fantastic grades the next few quarters, my GPA won't be ruined.

Jason started volunteering at the school he's going to be student teaching at. Student teaching doesn't actually start until the beginning of their next semester, which is the end of January. But he decided to get to know the kids early so the student teaching will be easier when he starts.

Last week I worked at the Seattle wedding show, and it was a lot of fun! I love wedding shows. If I could have it my way, life would be all weddings and babies, but without the stress that's involved! Like that will ever happen...

Anyway, I'm getting close to 13 weeks, but here's what's happening this week:

Your baby's crown-to-rump height is 2 1/2 inches, or about as tall as a squash ball. She may weigh as much as half an ounce. This begins the age when the fetus starts to look really cut in those womb pictures. If you had a womb camera, you'd be able to see your baby's proportions changing, with the growth of the head slowing down to let the rest of the body catch up. Arms, legs, and fingers are also growing out and tapering to look more like a newborn's, and your baby's posture becomes less curled and more upright. Isn't it amazing that every person in the world was once the size of your thumb? And for that matter, for every person alive, some woman went through a pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment