Friday, January 18, 2008

Week 13

Well, I'm over 13 weeks now! It's hard to believe I've been pregnant for three months. It feels like forever, but it also feels like I have so much time left! I'm starting to show a little bit, but it's mostly the baby pushing the fluff out. I've been super busy with school, and I'm going to a "Distinguished Scholars Executive Lunch" today. I guess the College of Business and Economics invites one student from each of the 6 majors to have lunch with local executives each quarter. So that's exciting! Too bad my suit no longer fits, I bought it before I knew I was pregnant.

Jason is in Seattle helping my mom move furniture around while she gets new flooring put in. He left on Wednesday, and he'll be home tonight. I miss him so much! I've been really cuddly lately. Anyway, I should go get ready for that lunch, and try to fit some homework in.

Here's what's happening for week 13:
Your baby is 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, the size of a medium goldfish. She weighs about one ounce. Your baby is shorter than a finger, but her face is already showing individual features and characteristics! Her ears are now developed enough that she may be able to hear when you sing, hum, or talk. And her vocal cords will form this week—soon she'll be able to sing back. Your baby spends her time in your womb flexing her new and developing muscles and joints. Bouts of prenatal hiccups are strengthening your baby's diaphragm, which is preparing her respiratory system for breathing. Less glamorous but highly necessary organ systems for making hormones, absorbing nutrients, and filtering waste are also in place this week. The pancreas, gall bladder, and thyroid have developed, the kidneys can make urine, and her bone marrow is making white blood cells to help fight infection after she's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment