Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Second Trimester!

Depending on who you talk to, the second trimester starts anywhere from 12-14 weeks. Well, I'm officially 14 weeks (and even the ticker trackers vary several days) so I'm officially in the second trimester! This year is a fun year for these things because Leap Year throws them all off. Regardless, I'm due July 23rd. I might change tickers later, because this one can't seem to count.

School has been going, and I feel like I'm forever behind. I have to play some major catch-up this week, since I have my first exam next Thursday. Jason starts his student teaching full time on Monday. He's excited about that. Right now our lives are mostly just attempting to stay caught up on school and housework.

I also talked to our landlord, I think we're going to move in June. I think it would be a lot easier to move pregnant and be able to direct people than to move with a newborn. That and the added stress of having the baby around while trying to move sounds like too much work. So the current plan is to start packing slowly once we hit April. We'll give ourselves 2 months, and just take it slow, so when finals are over in June we can wrangle us some strong guys and a truck, and pretty much go from there. I find unpacking to be a lot easier than packing, especially if the packing is done well to begin with.

One more note, I found out that the website I've been pulling my updates from thinks a week ahead. These things can be so complicated. It's thinking since I'm 14 weeks along, I'm in my 15th week developmentally. So I'm going to play catchup.

Last week, here's what happened:
By weeks 14-17, your baby's bone marrow is producing blood cells; his liver is secreting bile; his pancreas is producing insulin; and he will be covered in a layer of downy hair called lanugo. Around week 16, you may get your first ultrasound, but don't count on learning your baby's sex quite yet.

And this week, this is what's going on in my Uterus:
Your baby is about 4 to 4 1/2 inches and about 1 3/4 of an ounce. If you could see your baby's face, you might be able to see her wince and grimace, because her facial muscles are developing and flexing. All of her tiny organs, nerves, and muscles are starting to function. The intestines have moved farther into the baby's body; her liver begins to secrete bile, which will later aid in the digestion of fats; and her pancreas begins to produce insulin, a hormone which turns sugar into energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment