Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby Games

Well, we've reached the half-way point! I'm now past 20 weeks. Just 20 more to go!

I've been feeling the baby for quite a while now, but it gets shy around Jason. He still hasn't felt it! It's always most active when he isn't around. Well this morning after I got out of the shower I was laying on the bed putting lotion on my belly, and the baby kicked my hand! We played a game for about 15 minutes, that every time I put pressure on my tummy, the baby would kick me! It was so neat. If I smoothed the skin you could see my belly jump when it kicked. I couldn't see any definition of little feet or anything, but it was so fun to watch. It was the first time we had been really interactive.

I wish Jason had been there!

Next week is "dead week" where so much stuff is due its not even funny. Then after that is finals! We find out what this little one is next friday, so I have a busy next couple of weeks. Don't worry, I'll let you know what it is....

I'm still not really gaining weight, but my rear and thighs have slimmed down. So with the growing belly and shrinking bottom half, a lot of my new maternity jeans are too big! I NEVER thought that would happen!

Here's what's happening this week:
By week 21, your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces, and her length from head to rump is seven inches, about the length of a spoon. Ten and one-half ounces is also the size bear cubs are when they are born. Your baby has begun her main project for the rest of your pregnancy: putting on weight. She regularly drinks amniotic fluid for hydration and nutrition, urinates in the fluid and breathes in and out (fortunately, the fluid pool refreshes itself every three hours). Her eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. Taste buds are forming on her tongue. Her eyelids are still sealed, but her eyes are active.

No comments:

Post a Comment