Saturday, March 29, 2008

I know, I'm late

I've been busy! It's my spring break, and I've been using it to get a lot of stuff done. I made a bunch of diapers at my mom's house last week, and I've been LOVING my new sewing machine. I've also been knitting, and been attempting to catch up on some old photo stuff. I've been crafty!

The little man has been moving more and more. Mom got to feel him, and Emily (Ginie's daughter) too. Jason likes cuddling with his hand on my belly, then when the baby kicks he giggles. Too cute!

It was so nice to see family and have a nice break. The next few months are going to be pretty difficult for us. Jason quit his job today, it's too much for him to keep working and do full time student teaching. And I'm still working (between 10-15 hours a week) and I start a 16 hour a week internship on Monday. On top of that I have 11 credits of classes! Since we're moving in June, we're giving ourselves little projects to do each week to help prepare/pack ahead of time so that unpacking is a lot easier.

I used some of my RME money (if you want to know more, email me!) and got some more diapers, and almost have my diaper stash perfected now. Well, I have wool yarn that's on it's way here that needs to be knitted, but I'm looking forward to that too!

Here's what happened last week:
Weighing in at a pound, and at eight inches long, your baby is starting to really look like a baby! You can compare his size to a box of sugar or a bag of coffee beans. His skin is filling out as the first layers of fat are deposited and his muscles grow. During the next month, his weight may almost double.

And here's what's happening this week:
Your baby weighs a little over a pound and is about 8 1/2 inches long—the size of a banana. Your baby's skin becomes less translucent as pigment is deposited, and it looks wrinkly because his body is making his skin more quickly than it makes the fat to pad underneath it. Your baby's unique hand- and footprints are forming. You may feel jumps as he has bouts of hiccups. In fact, it may seem like the baby is in perpetual motion. Some babies now kick in response to sounds and touch from outside the womb. Encourage your partner to talk to the baby, and see if he kicks in response!

No comments:

Post a Comment