Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Dance!

I just finished my final final. I turned in my final project. I have nothing more to do at WWU. Except I'm still here. In one of their computer labs. Not at home with my lovely family. Why? Because I get 500 pages to print each quarter, and this is the last time I get to use it. My mom wants her iPod manual printed out (72 pages) and I have some half sheet mailers to put in packages when I sell diapers. Instead of PAYING to print them at Kinkos or the expensive ink for my home inkjet printer, I'm taking advantage of what's already included in my college tuition. I'm being thrifty!

I'm so glad to be done though. Once I get home I might relax for a little bit, but my house is a disaster. The last couple weeks have been whirlwind, so laundry and vacuuming have suffered. I did clean the bathroom this morning, but I think all my floors are due for a good scrubbing. I don't think a mop will cut it.

Of course, then I need to get going on opening my business! I now own www.DilleyDally.com (it doesn't go anywhere yet) and I set up my new official business email address too. I think I need to purchase some good accounting software, just because I did just get a degree in business, and it would be hypocritical if I just did this without any forethought for the future. I have fabric on order, but I really need to sew some diapers too.

When Gary is here next week I'm going to have him help me do the site design for my shopping cart online. He is a graphic designer, and Baxter does nap, so he's obligated to help me, right? :) I think he wants to help me, but it's more fun to say he has to!

It takes a long time to print this much... But I can't imagine doing this at home. I'll probably have to do the paper cutting at home, but that's manageable. I can't believe how much it costs to set up a business! And I'm still attempting to save toward a new camera too. I can't even tell you how much I want it like 5 days ago. I've got the photography bug, and I just can't scratch it! I've even found myself reluctant to take pictures with my current camera in favor of waiting. I might be waiting for a while though, and I know you all still want pictures, so I suppose I'll have to continue to take them anyway!

We have a playdate with a friend tomorrow morning, then a second flu shot for Baxter (babies get it in two doses). Fun stuff. Ok, well I'm done printing now, so I suppose I better go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment