Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Day!

Sit down and buckle your seatbelt, it's a long post today!

Happy Pi Day everyone! March 14th is Pi day in the US. Pi is a mathematical symbol used to represent the non-repeating decimal 3.1415.... And since the number is 3.14 March 14th is the day it's celebrated.

Now how appropriate is it that Jason, my math teacher of a husband, was BORN on Pi day? That's right, Jason turns 27 today! I made him a cake. It was vanilla with lemon curd filling and a lemon cream cheese and buttercream frosting, with fresh strawberry accents. It was amazing.
DSC07694

Today we're going to celebrate by going out to breakfast at Little Cheerful downtown, and then do some errands. I'm also making him corned beef and cabbage, his favorite meal, that's only really available around St. Patrick's day. It all works out!

Baxter has been pulling to standing more and more every day. He can do it on virtually anything now, including my guitar. We were having a photo session and he really wanted to play with it. There's more pics on Flickr, but this one cracks me up:
DSC07680

He's pretty good at getting around with it too. He pulled up on the baby gate, used the wall, the couch, and the buffet and made it all the way to the TV. He figured out how to open the cabinet doors, and likes to push buttons. Guess what's getting childproofed this weekend?

The funnies thing this week though? Our high chair is on casters. Sometimes I put Baxter in the chair, wheel him into the kitchen and let him eat while I clean. Works great. Also means I rarely lock the wheels on the highchair. Well, Baxter figured out how to pull up on it, then use it as a walker... Jason was quite surprised to see the highchair rolling around the dining room seemingly on it's own.

Going back to childproofing, I ordered a babygate for the top of the stairs. I had to have it shipped. Now it just needs to be installed. I also made sure to be a good mommy and put outlet plugs in all the exposed outlets a while ago. Well guess what Baxter figured out?
Child Safety FAIL
CHILD SAFETY FAIL

At least he's more interested in taking them out then putting anything IN.

I'll try to write more this week, but it's going to be pretty busy. I have my final day of anything school related on Monday, and then I have to clean and do various housework the rest of the week. We're going to Seattle next weekend, and then my dad will be here for a few days right after that!

So I'll leave you with some adorable and funny pictures of Baxter.
DSC07622
DSC07623DSC07647

3 comments:

  1. OMG i LOVE those pictures of Baxter. the cake looks/sounds really, really yummy too! i need a snack now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The naked butt pictures are adorable!
    2. I am jealous that you can play guitar.
    3. That cake looks awesome! Way to go!
    4. I need to baby proof too.
    5. Go Baxter cruisin' around like a big boy!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Merrilee, you're so awesome! You're like a way cooler/hotter Martha Stewart. I continue to be jealous of you! :)

    ReplyDelete